Come build the future of law with us
Working with Theory and Principle means you’ll be working on some of the most exciting products in legal tech. We’re looking for team members with a passion for improving justice and systems of law. Check out our current job postings!
Senior Front-end Developer
Theory and Principle is looking for an experienced front-end developer to join its team in Portland, Maine. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal technology product design and development firm, working at the intersection of law, justice, and technology.
This position is based in Portland, Maine and applicants must either live in or around Portland or be willing to relocate to Portland.
We’re looking for a individual who can work with a range of clients including non-profits, legal tech companies, and multinational law firms to:
- Assist in technical planning and estimation of front-end development tasks.
- Build out the front-end of custom products and be able to translate wireframes and design into world class web applications.
- Conduct peer code reviews and incorporate unit testing into new and current projects.
- Assess current code bases and make refactoring recommendations to improve efficiency and readability.
Required skills and experience:
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Strong experience with React (JSX) or equivalent technology.
- Experience using and interacting with APIs.
- Demonstrate past experience through a robust portfolio.
- Experience working on a team using Agile methodologies.
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- A take-as-much-as-you-need/want vacation policy